Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are between Tactical Tuition Limited and the Customer. Tactical Tuition Limited shall be abbreviated to TT for the purposes of this document.
2. Tactical Tuition Limited has a registered office address at 1 Bradleys, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 6BN UK Company number 10587175.
3. These terms and conditions replace any previous terms and conditions of TT and are the complete and only terms and conditions between the parties.
4. These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied if confirmed in writing by an authorised person of TT.
5. By placing an order either through the supplier’s Website (“Site”) or by telephone order (“telephone”) you accept these Terms and offer to buy the services from and enter into a legally binding contract with the supplier. Your order constitutes an offer to the supplier to buy the services. All orders are subject to acceptance by the supplier, and the seller will confirm receipt of your order by sending you an automatic acknowledgement of your order (“Automatic Acknowledgement”) and will then confirm acceptance of your order by sending you either an e-mail, letter or fax confirming the order (“Order Confirmation”). A contract will be formed between the Supplier and you once your order confirmation has been sent by the supplier.
6. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, these Terms are the only conditions upon which the supplier is prepared to supply the services to you. These Terms shall constitute the whole agreement between the supplier and you, and shall govern the contract between the supplier and you (the “Contract”) to the entire exclusion of all other terms or conditions (including your terms and conditions or those implied by trade, custom or practice).
7. “TT” Tactical Tuition Limited, the booking agent.
8. “The Trainer” means a registered trainer or an awarding body registered training organisation.
9. “Onsite” means training provided on your premises or premises other than the training company’s premises.
10. “Offsite” means training provided at a venue other than the purchasers premises usually the location provided by the training company.
11. “Purchaser” means the business or person booking the course
12. “Delegates” means the individuals booked onto the course by the purchaser and in some cases the purchaser.
Tactical Tuition Limited’s obligations
13. In consideration of the payment of fees for onsite courses TT agrees to book on the purchasers behalf a registered trainer.
14. In consideration of the payment of fees for offsite courses TT agrees to book a course on the purchasers behalf with a registered training organisation or registered trainer.
15. In consideration of payment of fees TT agrees to handle all administration in relation to the bookings including payments between the purchaser and the trainer or training organisation.
16. In consideration of the payment TT agrees to handle all certificate administration on behalf of the purchaser and shall arrange the posting of the first aid certificate on completion of a course where appropriate as part of the service.
17. The educational and training courses offered on the site are delivered by TT, by a registered trainer or a registered training company.
18. The purchaser and its delegates understand that TT’s obligation is to book a registered trainer or a registered training provider on behalf of the purchaser and the purchaser’s delegates.
19. The services are the educational and training courses offered by telephone and on the site and under the Contract.
20. In consideration for the Services, you agree to pay the Supplier the Price in accordance with the Payment section below.
21. The site and the customer services team via telephone (calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes) provide details of the Price. The services will conform in all material respects with the description of the services set out on the site or over the telephone. The purchaser must satisfy themselves in relation to the suitability of any services ordered. The supplier reserves the right to amend the specification of services or withdraw services at any time.
22. TT reserves the right to amend its prices without prior notice, however the price applicable to the services shall be the price stated on the site or over the phone at the time you received the Order Confirmation unless your order does not meet the conditions in point 23 and 24 below.
23. If you have placed an order and the supplier subsequently requires to vary the price of the services, the supplier will either refund your monies in full or you can accept the variation in the price.
24. In the cases of onsite courses if the trainer has to travel more than 40 miles to a venue or has to incur any additional expenses such as overnight accommodation costs, parking costs the supplier may have to amend its prices. In these circumstances the purchaser may either accept the amended price or receive a full refund.
Supply & Eligibility
25. The supplier will endeavour to supply the services on the dates outlined over the phone or on the site and will advise you of any anticipated changes to, delays with the course dates or the dates otherwise agreed with you. However, the supplier does not accept liability for the consequences of any change or delay to course dates provided. However where possible the supplier will endeavour to give reasonable notice of any such changes or delay.
26. It is the Purchaser’s (employer’s) responsibility to ensure that delegates are free from any condition which would affect their capability to undertake their chosen course, and that they have the ability to cope with intensive physically applied training as well as class based study. TT should be provided in advance notification of any assistance that a student is likely to need during the running of a course. If TT decides that a student has not achieved the learning outcomes of the course and/or the assessment standard, then they will be offered a free reassessment. Any further training or coaching over and above that provided on the course may be charged for.
27. To be eligible to attend a regulated two-day Requalification course, delegates must present a valid First Aid at Work certificate issued by an Awarding body approved provider which is ‘in date’ on the last day of the Requalification course. ‘In date’ means the period within three months prior to the original certificate expiry date. Allowing a maximum of 28 days from the expiry date of the certificate to complete requalification training and assessment.
28. The Purchaser (the employer) acknowledges that if a delegate arrives late for a course or is absent from any session, TT reserves the right to refuse to accept the delegate for training. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable.
29. A binding contract will be formed when TT notifies its acceptance of the order. You agree to be invoiced either via post or email immediately with the invoice payable within 14 days of the date of the invoice. If courses are booked within 14 days of the course date you agree to pay on receipt of the invoice. Failure to abide by these terms can result in TT cancelling the course or retaining the course certificates, invalidating your training until payment is received.
30. Telephone orders are legally binding and you permit TT to record the call for training and quality purposes. You agree that all calls that are recorded may be used by TT as evidence of the contract.
31. If the purchaser fails to make payment on the due date, TT shall be entitled to charge the purchaser interest at the annual rate of 3% above the base rate of Santander Plc. Unless otherwise agreed by TT or required by Law, the purchaser shall not be entitled to make any set off in respect of amounts due to TT.
32. If the purchaser disputes payment and the result of the dispute has to be referred to a court of law the purchaser agrees that TT can claim back its court expenses and any third party collection fees in addition to the original booking fee.
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
33. Where a contract with a consumer is concluded on a distance selling basis the Regulations (as amended from time to time) will be adhered to.
34. If you wish to substitute a delegate after the booking has been submitted, no charge will be applied for the first substitution provided the supplier is notified not less than seven days prior to the course start date. Any subsequent transfers or substitutions, or those made within seven days of the course start date, will incur a fee of £25.
Non-attendance & late attendance
35. If you do not attend a course or refuse our trainer access and you have not previously informed us in writing as per the terms of the contract the full course fee remains payable.
36. If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training, the full course fee remains payable.
Onsite training conditions
37. If you have booked an onsite course and the site conditions are not appropriate for the provision of First Aid training we reserve the right to refuse the training, you agree that your responsibility as part of the order is to provide an appropriate space as noted below, the full course fee is still payable.
38. In the case of onsite courses you agree to provide a clutter free and clean space with enough chairs for the trainer and the delegates. You confirm that the space will be safe and adhere to your normal HSE safety at work requirements. You agree the space will be quite enough to conduct a training course.
39. The purchaser agrees to abide by the trainers decision as to whether the training space is suitable for purpose and as such agrees that the full course fee is still payable and cannot be withheld as a result of the trainer declining to train for the reason the onsite training conditions do not meet the trainers standard onsite expectations.
40. To change the date of a booking please see Transfers section on the terms of business. Should circumstances require you to cancel your order and you are unable to reschedule you agree to the following cancellation charges:
More than 8 weeks notice: 25% of course fee
More than 4 weeks notice: 50% of course fee
Less than 4 weeks notice: 100% of course fee
41. Cancellations must be received in writing and received by the due date and confirmed as received by TT, please note TT is not responsible for undelivered written confirmations. Cancellations are not valid without a written receipt from TT acknowledging receipt of your cancellation. TT may from time to time require proof written confirmation was sent. TT would recommend sending written proof via a registered provider like royal mail recorded service or phone customer services direct and ask for a receipt.
42. On occasion where a course has to be cancelled by TT the customer is making the booking on the agreement that TT cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer as a result of TT cancelling the course and therefore the customer accepts that TT cannot compensate the customer in any way for any expenses whatsoever as a result of the said cancellation. The customer understands the booking is being made on that basis.
43. If you are booking as an individual, you have seven working days in which to cancel your booking from the date it was made without charge. If your course is due to start within seven working days of the date you made the booking, the cancellation request has to be received prior to the course start date. For courses that are booked outside this period standard cancellation fees apply. This does not affect your statutory rights. Cancellations can be received by phone 0845 838 7764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
44. On occasion unforeseen circumstances may require TT to cancel a course. For example if a trainer is taken ill or has had an accident on the way to the training. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course or a full refund will be given.
45. On occasion where a course has to be cancelled by TT the booking is made on the understanding by the customer that TT cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer as a result of TT cancelling the course and therefore the customer accepts that TT cannot compensate the customer in any way for any expenses whatsoever as a result of the said cancellation.
46. The Contract may be terminated by the Supplier with immediate effect if you fail to pay the price in accordance with these Terms and subject to the Payment terms and conditions outlined above.
47. The contract may be terminated by the supplier if you in any way bring into disrepute the name, the reputation, the interests of, the employees of or the goods and services of the supplier.
48. The supplier reserves the right to refuse or terminate any booking without reason. The supplier does not accept liability for the consequences of any refusal or termination of any booking. However where possible the supplier will endeavour to give reasonable notice of any such termination.
49. The contract may be terminated if either party ceases to carry on its activities, becomes unable to pay its debts when they fall due, becomes or is deemed insolvent, has a receiver, manager, administrator, administrative receiver or similar officer appointed in respect of the whole or any part of its assets or business, makes any composition or arrangement with its creditors, takes or suffers any similar action in consequence of debt, an order or resolution is made for its dissolution or liquidation (other than for the purpose of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction) or enters into liquidation whether compulsorily or voluntarily or shall suffer any analogous event under any jurisdiction which it is.
50. Notwithstanding termination of the Contract for any reason you will continue to be liable for that proportion of the price attributable to those Services provided up until the date of termination.
Data Protection Policy
51. Please see our Data Protection Policy.
52. Neither party will be liable to the other for any failure or delay or for the consequences of any failure or delay in performance of this agreement if it is due to any event beyond the reasonable control of a party to this Agreement including, without limitation, malicious damage, failure of a utility service, acts of God, war, industrial disputes, protests, fire, flood, storm, tempest, explosion, an act of terrorism and national emergencies.
53. All notices given by you to the Supplier must be sent to Tactical Tuition Limited, 1 Bradleys, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 6BN UK or via the email address email@example.com. The supplier may give notice to you at either the e-mail, mobile, fax or postal address you provide to the supplier when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on the Site, 2 hours after the supplier sends an e-mail, mobile text or fax, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, mobile text or fax that such e-mail, mobile text or fax was sent to the specified e-mail address, mobile phone or fax number of the addressee.
Certificates and Requalification Certificates
54. To be eligible to attend a two day requalification course students must present a valid First Aid at Work certificate issued by an approved provider which is in date on the last date of the requalification course. In date means the period within three months prior to original certificate expiry date. Current government guidelines allow 28 days from expiry date of the certificate to complete a requalification course.
55. In the case of the provision of a training course booked by TT certificates to prove completion of the course may be withheld by TT until payment is made.
56. TT make no guarantee as to a delegate passing a course, the full course fee remains payable and no refund shall be given should a delegate fail a course.
57. Nothing in this contract excludes or limits or attempts to exclude or limit the liability in respect of the implied warranties contained in the supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
58. TT will be under no liability to the purchaser whatsoever (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise) for any damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused.
60. TT aggregate liability under this agreement (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise) for any damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused will be limited to the amount paid for the Services concerned.
61. TT shall not be liable for mistreatment of any person or property arising out of the purchasers or purchasers delegates failure to follow the guidelines set out by the registered trainer or registered training company booked by TT to deliver first aid training.
62. TT liability is to provide a registered trainer or registered training company to the purchaser of training and the purchasers delegates and therefore shall not be liable for mistreatment of any person or property arising from a registered trainers advice.
63a. The purchaser shall indemnify TT for any loss or expenses caused as a result of providing inaccurate information to TT, mistakes contained within the purchasers customers order or personal injury or death caused by a purchaser or purchasers delegates not following the registered trainers guidelines correctly.
63b. The purchaser accepts that under the new HSE guidance as of 1st October 2013 that the new regulations now require employers to carry out their own due diligence and investigations on the First Aid training provider in order to ensure that the training meets the requirements and necessary standards for their company.
64. In the event of a dispute the parties shall agree to keep the dispute confidential and use all reasonable endeavors to resolve it as soon possible. If they fail to do so within 14 days, the parties shall try to agree a method of dispute resolution. If an agreement cannot be reached within 14 days the parties agree that the dispute will then become subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
65. The contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes.
66. The supplier has the right to revise and amend the terms from time to time without notice.
67. The failure of a party to exercise or enforce any right conferred on that party by the contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any time or times thereafter.
68. TT warrants to provide services with all the care and skill to be expected of a competent trainer experienced in undertaking services of the same kind as the services.
69. If the Services performed are in breach of Clause 68. TT will at its option make good the performance, re-perform the service or refund the purchaser the relevant price, subject to availability and the performance being proved to be deficient to the reasonable satisfaction of TT. These obligations will not apply where part of the service concerned was based on information supplied by or varied from the normal service at the specific request of the Purchaser or the purchaser failed to notify TT of the defect within 14 days of the supply.
70. Each party acknowledges and agrees that any and all information concerning the other’s business or the terms of the agreement including any disputes is confidential (hereinafter referred to as ‘Confidential Information’) and each party agrees that it shall not permit the duplication, use or disclosure of any such confidential Information to any person, website or third party (other than its own employee, agent or sub-contractor where the same requires such information for the performance of the Agreement) unless such duplication, use or disclosure is specifically authorised in writing by the other party, or is required by the operation of Law. The parties shall take steps to ensure that their employees, agents and sub-contractors keep Confidential Information confidential.
71. The supplier may at any time assign the contract or any of the supplier’s rights or obligations under it.
72. Applicable laws requires that some of the information or communications the supplier sends to you should be in writing. When using the site, you accept that communication with the supplier will be mainly electronic. The supplier will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that the supplier provides to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
73. Price Guarantee offer only applies to identical training courses. This means the same course type, same course duration, same booked course date, same course time, same awarding body provider, same or similar course training books and materials provided.
74. We need to see the original quote from the other training company before booking the course with us (this could be emailed or faxed to us but must be on training company headed paper). This quote must be broken down in terms of the cost of the training, the cost of the certification, the cost of the training materials and the cost of additional expenses such as travel, accommodation and parking.
75. The currency on all price matching must be in Pound Sterling.
76. Price guarantee is based on the net price before vat at the current rate.
77. Price guarantee once agreed means the course must then be booked within 24 hours of our agreement.
78. All Price guaranteed courses must be paid for in advance.
79. The price match must be presented before the booking is made. We will not offer price guarantee on bookings already made.
80. We are not able to price match against courses that you have accessed funding for, unless you can use the funding towards our training courses.